- CO-parenting at its finest. This warms my heart. It's way too easy to get embroiled in broken families. Nice to see this one coming together!
- NYC started their first girl scout troop for homeless kids (also featured in The New York Times)! This is real ground-level work to give these kids skills and confidence to hopefully change their futures. From Jezebel.com:
“I’m going to help the homeless,” said Silkia, 9, a third grader. “I’m going to get mad money, and I’m going to ask them if they want a shelter.”
Luz, 13, who is originally from the Bronx and attends seventh grade in Brooklyn, chimed in. “Or I could just switch up your idea,” she added. “You’re going to work and have mad money. Then you’re going to build a shelter for the homeless people."
- Adrienne Slane makes soothing, symmetrical art.
- Spring is upon us! 🌱 And, cranking open the windows after a long winter reminds me of how I've been trapped in a cesspool for months. One of the projects on my list is cleaning out my freezer. Apartment Therapy has some tricks for how to tackle it in 20 minutes!
- Look at this little dog leading a horse! Where would we be without animals? Nowhere, I swear. Seen on Tastefully Offensive.