Smash Up is a Minneapolis-based blog that seeks to give space to intellectually stimulating, unique, and creative perspectives. Our tone encompasses activism and social awareness. We accept work from all the varying shades of life to contribute to any of our categories.
- Stories: Share your writing about current events, culture, or a personal essay on a life experience.
- Sight and Sound: Promote or plug music, film, podcasts, or books whether as media or a review.
- Creatives: Showcase your visual art.
- Conversations: Go in depth with us about your passion project.
- Thoughtfulness. Smash Up steers clear of bashing. If there’s something to confront, try to do it constructively--which is usually more hardcore anyway.
- Legal stuff. Please don’t submit anything you’ve had published elsewhere, and use appropriate credit in text and photos, or ask permission for use.
Ages 18 and above welcome.
Word count: 500 word minimum (that's a page).
Send submissions or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org or below. Out-of-state submissions accepted.